Friday, July 17, 2009

For Profit Non Profit

Ever since my last visit to Nepal I find myself thinking about all the people of Nepal that can only dream of having a better life. And there are millions. I want to do something. Something that will change lives.
Well, what are my options? I could give some money to charity that work in Nepal. I could go work for a Non profit working in Nepal. I could ask my friends/family for a donation to support a charity organization. Believe me, I have tried raising money for charity and I did not enjoy it. It was too much work to raise so little. Working for a non profit will mean having to work on someone elses idea of what helping mean. Yes I could find a non profit that I like but I think I have a better idea. How about I do something about it. And so odysseyNepal.com was started.

No comments:

Post a Comment